Parish News

History Repeats

July 23, 2020 12:00 am

“When the epidemic, Spanish influenza struck, Father John Connelly closed the school (October 3, 1918). Sisters Mary Alma, Mary Edmund, Mary Cajetan and Mary Agilberta went to nearby homes to aid those stricken. School was reopened after one month but then in 1922, from February 7th to 27th the school was again closed due to the scarlet fever epidemic.”

– from the book “Golden Jubilee St. Thomas Parish 1903 – 1953”